[Gllug] New to UK - ISP recommendations

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 12:53:43 UTC 2002

On Thu, 20 Jun 2002, dale gallagher wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I've just arrived in the UK and have absolutely no
> clue as to which of the numerous ISP's is good for
> a flat-rate dialup account (Linux friendly of course).
> Your suggestions would be welcome!  I'm looking for
> an 080... dialup with a fixed monthly fee, reliable
> service (duh) and clued-up support desk (if there's
> actually such a thing?).
>
> Thanks
> Dale

 I use blueyonder, I don't like the company but the service is not that
 bad, 12UKP I pay, because I have a telephone line with Telewest. Another
 10 quid a month.

 They don't support linux, but it works with no problem, don't bother
 using their email service, is crap.

 The only reason why I half recommend them, is that we spend between
 200-300 hours a month on-line, and we get away with it.

 The only downsides are the tonnes of mail suggesting that we upgrade to
 their cable service, and that you have to pay by direct-debit.

                                      Formi.

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 8.2 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk