[Gllug] rpms is there an easier way?

Vincent AE Scott gllug at codex.net
Thu Jun 20 11:06:07 UTC 2002

Jim Bailey(jim at freesolutions.net)@Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:41:07AM +0100:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to download packages and install some stuff but I am
> getting frustrated by dependency issues, the distro is Red Hat 7.3.
> Could some one tell me if there is a set of commands that allows me to
> pull down the dependencies I need with the package or do I need to keep
> on playing chase the dependency all night?
>
> Peace Jim

Judging by other responses, urpmi is a MDK thing, i'd thought it was a
redhat thing, but i guess not.  Anyhow, its handy, and does the job for
me.  You just configure some sources for it, either local or remote.
run urpmi.update, and then urpmi <package>.

I have'nt tried using a remote source yet, so i dont know how effecient
it is, but it works find with my local cooker mirror.

cant see why it'd be too MSK specific, so you should just be able to
compile it up from source and give it a spin.

-v

--
keys:  http://codex.net/pgp/gpg.asc http://codex.net/pgp/pgp.asc

 Computers make very fast, very accurate mistakes.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk