[Gllug] OT: EXT MODEM wanted,

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 10:58:14 UTC 2002

  Hello individuals,

 I am taking the next step on the charity project, network and samba
server have been up for 3 weeks with no downtime or furious users.

 The cabling was the easyiest part. Windows profiles the worst, even
though something good come out of it,
my users can't be sneaky and install outlook.

 They are getting used to mozilla, anyway.

 Now, what I need to do is to put a modem into the server, we have
about ten, yes 10.

 6 USB win modem that come with the Brios 600, the one the machine I
am writing on is using, another rescued from a side road,
and two others that I fished around.

 All of them pci winmodems but the Hp usbs. One of them is a USR.

 If somebody wants to trade 1 external serial modem for the 4 pci ones,
post to me. Worst things I have seen.

 If somebody has one lying around and wants some squids for it, I might
be able to pick it from central london tomorrow, or meet on TCR on saturday.

                                                          Formi.

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 8.2 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk