[Gllug] Problem with installing OpenOffice - STILL

Nick Richards nedrichards at openoffice.org
Fri Jun 28 23:13:07 UTC 2002

Hi Xander,

 >Nick, as a volunteer I was just wondering if you knew when a British
 >English spelling checker was going to be available.

I hate to say it but the British english dictionary's been out for about
a year now. I know it;s a bit complex to find and I can assure you that
fixing the website for both users and developers (it currently does
neither well) is one of our main priorities currently.

http://whiteboard.openoffice.org/lingucomponent/download_dictionary.html

You can either use one of the automated installers or be a real man and
do it manually. :-)

Oh and Paul, I didn't realise the OSX port had gone to quartz already,
that's *brilliant* news. Thanks,

yours,

Nick
--