[Gllug] route command in rc.local

John Edwards john_ed at cornerstonelinux.co.uk
Sun Jun 23 22:31:48 UTC 2002

On Sun, Jun 23, 2002 at 10:11:32PM +0000, Ian Norton wrote:
> try /sbin/route   it may have not set up the correct paths, also , i would not
> put it in rc.local cos if memory serves, the network isnt up then, therefore
> there will be no eth0, try putting it just after the end of the network bit in
> rc.sysinit (i think)
>
> bredroll

In RedHat rc.local should be the last thing run, after rc.sysinit and
all the init scripts have finished, see:
  http://www.redhat.com/docs/manuals/linux/RHL-7.3-Manual/ref-guide/s1-boot-init-shutdown-booting.html

I would try redirecting the output to a log file, eg
	commands... >& /var/tmp/route-test

--
|      John Edwards    Email: John.Edwards at uk.com            |

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk