[Gllug] Postfix/QMail troubles

Axel Segebrecht wiredfutureman at hotmail.com
Sat Jun 22 11:27:52 UTC 2002

Hi all,

I'm stuck and as I don't know fsck all about email (apart from sending it).

Our box runs Postfix and QMail and all messages send to anyone who happends
to run their domains off our box bounce.

There seems to be something wrong with the aliases or summin as the
following happens:

Reporting-MTA: dns; sulley.adamandeve.it
Arrival-Date: Sat, 22 Jun 2002 00:47:30 +0100 (BST)
Final-Recipient: rfc822; mxged at monnsta.net
Action: failed
Diagnostic-Code: X-Postfix; unknown user: "mxged at monnsta.net"

Funny thing is that no matter where I send mail to the same error msg comes
straight back at me =(

Checking Postfix tells me this:

sulley:/# postfix check
postfix/postfix-script: warning: not owned by root: /var/spool/postfix
postfix/postfix-script: warning: /var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf and
/etc/resolv.conf differ

Which look like:

search adamandeve.it
nameserver 127.0.0.1
/var/spool/postfix/etc/resolv.conf (END)

and

search monnsta.net
nameserver 127.0.0.1
/etc/resolv.conf (END)

Matthew was doing some work email-wise yesterday and probably messed
something up badly. Yes, I would try to drag him back in front of a terminal
but he disapeared into the weekend =/

Any help would be greatly appriciated. MTIA

Axel

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk