[Gllug] Kernel source on Red Hat

John Hearns John.Hearns at cern.ch
Wed Jun 5 16:21:26 UTC 2002

On Wed, 5 Jun 2002, Dave Jones wrote:

> On Wed, Jun 05, 2002 at 02:33:41PM +0100, Simon Trimmer wrote:
>

> Don't have an unpacked SuSE 8.0 kernel around, but the 7.3 one had 184
> additional patches by my count.  Though some of them aren't even used
> in normal x86 kernels.. for eg we shipped the UML patches for some
> reason.. (Mine is not to question why). The rest of the patches are made
Really? That's interesting....

Hate to be so lazy as to ask,
but does anyone know if any other distros, specifically Redhat,
ship with the UML patches?
(Yes - I know. Get the source and look, you pudden...
but I'm lazy).

BTW, totally off topic but I'm just back from a seminar and a
discussion with some Intel guys, from the KAI labs division.
Seminar on things like hyperthreading and clustering,
and mainly their compilers.
For those who are interested, they have some nice code profiling tools.

One of the guys was talking about Infiniband for cluster interconnects -
which is really more my kinda thing.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk