[Gllug] Star Office Licence

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Wed Jun 5 09:56:50 UTC 2002

Star Office 6.0 dropped through the door this morning (Not quite
accurate, a jolly
chap in a bright red van woke me up with some exciting mail).

I bought the full version as I wanted the clip art, the English spell
checker and also
for a good nosey :-)

I thought that a number of you would be interested in it's licence.

In licence to use it states that 'the licence (whoops license!) is non
transferable' I thought
that this was nonsense anyway as I am allowed under UK law to sell this on.

The interesting bit that I found was under supplemental terms and
conditions.

1. Software Licence to Use. Subject to the terms and conditions of this
agreement, Sun
grants you a non-exclusive, non-transferable, limited licence to use up
to five (5) complete
and unmodified copies of the binary form of the software installed only
on computers that
you operate.

**note that I would guess that this applies to my GF's computer as I do
operate it
occasionally to do upgrades etc.

2. Linux End User Licence To Use. Subject to the terms and conditions of
this Agreement,
if you are a Linux operating system end user and you received this
software as part of a
Linux operating system bundle, Sun grants you a non-exclusive and
non-transferable licence
for the internal use only of the accompanying unmodified binary form of
the software.

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk