[Gllug] [OT] Advice for cheap hotel somewhere around the Barbican?

Richard Cohen richard at vmlinuz.org
Tue Jun 4 21:00:02 UTC 2002

I'm going to a concert next week at the Barbican, and I've been trying to
help a Dutch couple who are coming over for it (e-fan club...).  Having
persuaded them that my driving them to Dover and back for a Monday evening
concert isn't going to happen (it's not like I actually *know* them, and
besides, the train is cheaper than the petrol), they've now asked for advice
on somewhere to stay.  They're not the most communicative of people - and
they prefer ICQ,which I rarely use, to mail - so I don't know exactly what
they're after, except that they're after central London (I suspect that near
the Barbican would be good) and cheap.  I don't know what they consider
cheap...

I could have them in my spare room, but a) I don't actually know them apart
from a couple of e-mails and b) it would mean moving a *lot* of books, boxes
and random junk hardware :->

I know this is off-topic, but you lot are the most London-oriented,
responsive group I know.  Unless you're sure, it's probably best to make
sure your (hundreds of...) replies come straight to me.  I can summarise to
the list if anyone actually cares :-)

Thanks all
Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk