[Gllug] Sendmail, Firewalls, SSL...

Formi formi at blueyonder.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 01:13:22 UTC 2002

 Well actually the guy who runs it, only knows as far as webmin
 gets, and even that is more than I know. I did have a look and
 webmin and it is pretty basic.

 No funky stuff...

  Will have a look at the docs, though.

On 29 Jun 2002, Mike Brodbelt wrote:

> On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 18:59, Formi wrote:
> >

> >  Oh gosh, it seems that there is no way to avoid having
> >  to have a good go at the docs. My expertise in mail servers,
> >  wait a second that's a lie, I'm no expert in anything.
> >
> >  I can make postfix work, hardly, and I'm not happy with
> >  trying to learn the oldy sendmail, when I am not comfortable
> >  with postfix.
>
> Sendmail isn't nearly that bad. M4 and the current list of distributed
> fatures/hacks has made configuration pretty easy. These days I operate
> on the principle that I never edit sendmail.cf, I just fiddle with my mc
> file until it generates what I want. My sendmail mc file on my main mail
> hub is only 69 lines, and 20 of those are comments.
>
> It's probably less effort to just learn the little bit you need to do
> what you're trying to than to change MTA's.
>
> Mike.

   . .                              Formi
   / \ GZ           MDK 8.2 ThinkPad 560E
  // \\/
 /( _ )     Linux Registered User #235743
  ^   ^

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk