[Gllug] Sendmail, Firewalls, SSL...

Mike Brodbelt mike at coruscant.demon.co.uk
Sat Jun 29 00:28:11 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-28 at 18:59, Formi wrote:

>  Oh gosh, it seems that there is no way to avoid having
>  to have a good go at the docs. My expertise in mail servers,
>  wait a second that's a lie, I'm no expert in anything.
>
>  I can make postfix work, hardly, and I'm not happy with
>  trying to learn the oldy sendmail, when I am not comfortable
>  with postfix.

Sendmail isn't nearly that bad. M4 and the current list of distributed
fatures/hacks has made configuration pretty easy. These days I operate
on the principle that I never edit sendmail.cf, I just fiddle with my mc
file until it generates what I want. My sendmail mc file on my main mail
hub is only 69 lines, and 20 of those are comments.

It's probably less effort to just learn the little bit you need to do
what you're trying to than to change MTA's.

Mike.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk