[Gllug] Digital Cameras

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Wed Jun 5 12:54:55 UTC 2002

>I'm already pretty leery about Sony and Memory Sticks; is this rational? I'm
>tending towards a Canon or Olympus compact - any recommendations?

Very happy with my Olympus C2020Z. It's obsolete now, but I think the
replacement is a C3000 or something similar. The only downside is that
it stores movies as Quicktime, rather than a more Unix friendly format.

>A whole bunch of questions - any and all answers/comments are welcome.

Can't comment on the USB stuff, but uploading via serial cable works
fine with gphoto with one caveat -- it's *painfully* slow. As a result,
I got a SmartMedia PCMCIA card reader. Just plug it in, and it appears
as a hard drive, which you can mount and copy/delete files from as
normal, which is a major win.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk