[Gllug] rpms is there an easier way?

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jun 17 14:24:09 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:52:33PM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> Bruce: how does that work for something that has data files that get
> shunted into their own directories (I'm thinking databases atm)? I
> guess you configure with something like "--with-datadir=foo/data"?

Ah, I may not have answered your question properly.  The answer is that
you have to have look at the configure script (if present) and Makefile
to see what is happening.  Usually data directories and such are set
relative to the prefix, so that setting the prefix is enough.  But if
you have to set datadir options specifically, make sure to place them
relative to /usr/local/ and not /usr/local/stow/package.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk