[Gllug] New to UK - ISP recommendations

Alain Williams addw at phcomp.co.uk
Thu Jun 20 14:52:29 UTC 2002

On Thu, Jun 20, 2002 at 03:36:07PM +0100, Stig Brautaset wrote:

> Just sent a message to plus.net regarding their linux support, and
> availability in my area. I got a response from a "Chris Smith, Costomer
> Support" (got something to confess smithy?) that had this to say:
>
>       "Yes we are Linux freindly, with no direct support given, but all
>       of our +systems run on Unix & Linux (no MS)"

Like do most ISPs. I wonder, if we should have an 'adopt an ISP' campaign ?
When each of us has connected to the ISP, we could document what we did,
give example config files, ... and give it to the ISP to put up on their
FAQ page -- totally unsupported, etc. It is to their advantage as well
as for Linux.

--
Alain Williams

#include <std_disclaimer.h>