[Gllug] Secure Internet Access Linux Box

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Tue Jun 25 08:21:18 UTC 2002

On Fri, 2002-06-21 at 19:02, Jim Bailey wrote:

> Linux Journal did an article on doing network booting in both a
> workstation and data centre environment a few months ago.  From what I
> can remember it was a good article and maybe available on the web.

Jim, I'm sorry not to get back on this one sooner.
(I spent all weekend in the Old Town at La Fete de la Musique.
Hate to say it, but sitting around under the trees with a beer
listening to loads of different types of music beat reading my
email. But I digress.)

Yes, this is an area which is of direct interest to me.
There was an article in Sys Admin magazine in Arpil 2001 on LUI,
"Remote Installation of Heterogenous Linux Clusters"

Out of this grew OSCAR - as you say there was a Linux Journal
article by Richard Ferri of IBM on this.

http://sourceforge.net/projects/oscar

I'd really like to get involved with this.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk