[Gllug] rpms is there an easier way?

itsbruce at uklinux.net itsbruce at uklinux.net
Mon Jun 17 10:44:32 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 06:34:37AM +0100, Alain Williams wrote:
> Interestingly there is an article on /. complaining about this very problem
> with RPMs.
>
> I notice rpm2html, the man page suggests that it might do some of what you
> need -- not entirey clear, don't know how difficult it is to setup.

I think you mean rpmfind.  rpm2html just generates web pages from rpm
archives.  And rpmfind doesn't automatically resolve dependencies for
things, what it does is let you track down and download packages by
searching multiple online archives.  Which makes resolving cascade
dependencies easier but doesn't solve the problem.

--
Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk