[Gllug] rpms is there an easier way?

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Jun 17 09:47:55 UTC 2002

On Mon, Jun 17, 2002 at 02:41:07AM +0100, Jim Bailey wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am trying to download packages and install some stuff but I am
> getting frustrated by dependency issues, the distro is Red Hat 7.3.
> Could some one tell me if there is a set of commands that allows me to
> pull down the dependencies I need with the package or do I need to keep
> on playing chase the dependency all night?

apt would be the one you want then. There's a version that started on
one of the RPM based distros and has now become available
generally. Mandrake also comes with "urpm" which will do the same sort
of thing.

Cheers,

Simon

--
So what if I have a fertile brain?  Fertilizer happens.
             -- Larry Wall in <200002121919.LAA27974 at kiev.wall.org>

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk