[Gllug] SVGA console

jim jim at madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk
Wed Jun 26 13:58:29 UTC 2002

On Tue, 25 Jun 2002, Simon Stewart wrote:
> On Tue, Jun 25, 2002 at 04:20:54PM +0100, jim wrote:
> > except that as soon as I compile a custom kernel the hi-res SVGA console
> > stops to work. The standard bare.i kernel supports it fine. I've checked
> > the "console" configuration against the config for the precompiled one and
> > all seems fine. What am I missing here? I don't really want to do a binary
> > search on the kernel options.
>
> Sounds like you need to compile in framebuffer support....

No, framebuffer is there. I checked everything conceivably to do with
video, I think. I can compile my own kernel with the supplied setup
and all is fine. Seems to be something to do with the first half of the
config ;) weird, since it's not a particularly strange machine (K6-2/350,
ASUS mobo, Voodoo3 AGP, SB32, EIDE).

Cheers, jim
--
http://madeira.physiol.ucl.ac.uk/people/jim/
"... I naturally gravitated to London, that great cesspool into which all the

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk