[Gllug] windows and linux client server

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Mon Jun 24 16:04:43 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-06-24 at 17:05, avner zrihen wrote:
> Hi all
> I am trying to start a client server project to incorporate linux ( the
> server )  and windows ( the clients) via tcp/ip

I think Avner's got the answer he wanted from Richard and Jason.

It's not my area really, but can we ask what it is you want to do?
Maybe the GLLUG mind can direct you to some good resources.
If this is a student project, as I think it might be,
then the object of your lecturers is to get you to learn about
the nitty-gritty details.
Better minds that I on the list will provide you with pointers
to books and websites.

If you have more of a development project in mind,
then the current bee in my bonnet is something called Beep.
I'm sure it is useful for SOMETHING
http://www.clipcode.com/peer/beep_technical_whitepaper.htm

Beep http://www.oreilly.com/catalog/beep/
SOAP over Beep http://www.xml.com/pub/r/1189