[Gllug] apache / ssh problems anyone?

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Thu Jun 27 13:41:12 UTC 2002

On Thursday 27 June 2002 13:51, Thom May wrote:
> * Mark Lowes (hamster at korenwolf.net) wrote :
> > On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 13:00, Stig Brautaset wrote:
> > > Is that, perchance, the reason why the list is so quiet this week, or
> > > is this just Yet Another(tm) of the increasingly numerous quirks of the
> > > list of late?
> >
> > The list server and software is fine... looks like people aren't talking
> > but are probably busy patching ssh, apache, apache-ssl, and wondering
> > when the next one is going to drop.
>
> Actually, I think most people are busy hiring assassination teams to go
> after Theo De Raadt.
> -Thom
You can't assassinate someone every time a security flaw shows up in their
software or their would be no coders left on the planet... Actually, that
might be a good thing :-)
The OpenBSD site now says

"One remote hole in the default install, in nearly 6 years!"

Not quite as noteworthy as what it used to say.

I've just set "ChallengeResponseAuthentication no" in /etc/ssh/sshd_config on
all the servers which leaves them unaffected by this problem. It doesn't seem
to have affected anything that we do. It was a lot quicker than patching
everything!! Now I can get everything updated in due time. Have I missed
something important?
Steve
--
Stephen Harker
steve at pauken.co.uk

"The sooner we fall behind, the longer we have to catch up!"

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk