[Gllug] apache / ssh problems anyone?

John Hearns john.hearns at cern.ch
Thu Jun 27 13:11:55 UTC 2002

On Thu, 2002-06-27 at 14:51, Thom May wrote:

> Actually, I think most people are busy hiring assassination teams to go
> after Theo De Raadt.
> -Thom

No, come on. This is the era of Free Software after all.

Whereas the traditional Cosa Nostra/Yakuza/East End hit team
may be undoubtedly quicker, easier to implement and without a
doubt effective, we simply cannot reconcile these methods with the
GAL, else Richard M Stallman will be after us.

The traditional assassination teams suffer from highly restrictive
licenses - the Code of Omerta; cutting fingers off when mistakes are
made; smashing your teeth in if you grass to the Old Bill.

You simply have to have the process conducted as a Free Project.
This will consist of thousands of geeks from around the world
contributing their own small parts to the killing, each having
their own ideas and pulling the project in the direction that suits
them.
As most geeks are weak and pasty  from too much time spent indoors and
doing little exercise other than typing, they are not capable of doing
much real violence each.
So the poor man would have to die the death of thousands of
rubber band guns and Nerf rockets.

( GAL - GNU General Assassination Licence )

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk