[Gllug] Net access everywhere

Alan Peery peery at io.com
Thu Jun 6 13:51:38 UTC 2002

Richard Cohen wrote:

>You probably don't need GPRS for this - you can use it if you want, but GPRS
>is really better for always-on, low traffic, rather than something bursty
>like remote support.

There are rumors that Orange may be offering a flat fee, no traffic
limit tarrif for GPRS in France.  I'd like to see the same thing here,
but I haven't checked into it yet.

>I'd suggest an iPAQ - if you've got the budget, a 3870 will do bluetooth,
>which is nicer than IRDA.  If you want bluetooth or HSCD (Orange's 28.8K
>system),

I *think* that the Ericsson T39M does HSCD--the Orange users manual is
quite imprecise, talking about "high speed GSM".  It is tri-band, and
blue-tooth enabled, and nicely sized.

>Cheers
>Richard

Alan