[Gllug] Partition imaging [Possibly OT]

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Mar 18 15:44:01 UTC 2002

Does anyone have any suggestions for (free beer) programs that I can use to
take an image of a partition (FAT & ext2) so that it can be restored at a
later date?

It needs to fit on a CD so some sort of compression or unused block
skipping would be good (which I guess means it has to understand the
filesystem on the partition).

Also, it can't be to another drive in the same computer because the
partitions are on laptops so I guess it needs to be able to spool the files
to another computer on a network.

Not asking much am I!

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service