[Gllug] Workshop at the next GLLUG meeting.

Dave Cridland dave at cridland.net
Mon Mar 18 16:23:36 UTC 2002

On Mon, 2002-03-18 at 14:17, Richard Cohen wrote:
> On Mon, 18 Mar 2002, Colin Murphy wrote:
>
> > On Monday 18 March 2002 1:13 pm, Vincent AE Scott wrote:
> >

> > > long gone are the days of trying to omptimize your HST's setting for max
> > > CPS on Zmodem.
> > >
> > Ah, halcyon days.
>
> I still remember fondly my V23 modem.  I was using it with an ST, which
> couldn't handle different incoming and outgoing data rates, so I had a
> little OS 'hack' which slowed down outgoing data to 75 baud :-)
>
> I also remember the first time I used a 2400 baud modem.  It was *so* fast,
> it was amazingly cool :-)

I'm apparently a little younger than you, and had the same adrenalin
rush when I saw how fast a 9600 baud modem was.

Not long afterwards, I went to university, and could pull data halfway
across the country faster than I could from my CDROM, and commenced my
life-long hatred of modem speed. :-)

Dave.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk