[Gllug] exim & reply-to headers

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Wed Mar 13 16:51:51 UTC 2002

On 13/03/02, 16:30:33, "Paul Brazier" <pbrazier at cosmos-uk.co.uk> wrote
regarding [Gllug] exim & reply-to headers:

> I've now got my Debian unstable up and running nicely on my home PC and
> very impressed with the automatic update features, especially
> considering recent security problems (but only really useful if you have
> a broadband connection I'd say). Still struggling with ALSA though.

Download the alsa source from the alsa site.  Works fine that way.

> Exim is sending mail out OK but some SMTP servers are rejecting it.
> I'm fairly sure this is because my "From:" header is the actual email
> address but my "Reply-To:" header is just "paul at localhost" (I don't have
> a domain name at home).

The default config file, as produced by the eximconfig tool, has a
rewriting rule that will do header and envelope rewrites for you out of
the box.  All you need to do is add a line to /etc/email-addresses like

paul	paul at foo.com

and it will do the business for you.

--

Bruce