[Gllug] Wireless networking

Jonathan Dye jonathan.dye at automationpartnership.com
Mon Mar 25 13:00:01 UTC 2002

Hi,

I have a laptop (Win2k & Linux) and a small network of desktop machines
(Various Windows + Linux) at home.  I currently connect my laptop to my lan
with a long cable.  I would like to put a wireless lan card in the laptop
and one in one of my (linux) machines on the network to allow me to wonder
around my house unhindered.  I would like some advice on which cards work
well (under linux and windows).  I had a look at which cards seem to work
under linux but I wondered if anyone had any personal recomendations?
Any pitfalls that I may come across in setting this up or pointer to good
sources of info?  I've looked at a couple of HOWTO's but they all look like
they are very new.

JD

MessageLabs Virus Scanning Service

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk