[Gllug] Exim

Jackson, Harry HJackson at colt-telecom.com
Thu Mar 14 10:39:26 UTC 2002

Hi all

Two Questions

One
Is there an easy way to delete all messages from the exim Queue. I have seen
a perl script to do this on google but I would have thought that there would
be a command to do this. I did try the following.

$>less /pathtolog/msglog > error.log
$>exim Mrm < error.log

No joy here.

Two
Does anyone here use Exim with a smarthost. For some reason the setup that I
had seems to be broken. I am pretty sure that it is the authentication that
is not working because I can see the lights flash on the modem when sending
a message via debain from the windows Box. I am using this with Yahoo. I
have set the smart host up correctly in the exim.conf file with the correct
username and password for my yahoo account and the address "From" field is
correct as I know yahoo is very picky about this. I have read a lot of stuff
from google about people having problems with this. Is exim the correct
tool.

Regards;
Harry Jackson.

COLT Telecommunications
Registered in England No. 2452736
Registered Office: Bishopsgate Court, 4 Norton Folgate, London E1 6DQ
Tel. 020 7390 3900

relationship between COLT Telecommunications, its subsidiaries or
affiliates ("COLT") and you. Internet communications are not secure
and therefore COLT does not accept legal responsibility for the
contents of this message.  Any view or opinions expressed are those of
the author. The message is intended for the addressee only and its
contents and any attached files are strictly confidential. If you have
received it in error, please telephone the number above. Thank you.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk