[Gllug] linux books

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Mar 21 12:21:10 UTC 2002

>> Err... I boycott Foyles.
>
>Why's that?

I used to boycott them in the past for various reasons. They refused
to accept any sensible forms of payment, they refused to group books
by subject, rather than published, and their staff were generally
unhelpful.

These days, though, they let you pay by plastic, and although some
books are still grouped by publisher (they've overtaken Waterstones
for having the most impressive O'Reilly section, for example), they're
less extreme than they used to be, and it's relatively easy to find
what you're looking for. The staff also sometimes have a clue, though
it's a bit of a lottery as to whether you'll get one that does or not.

So while I used to avoid them liek the plague, they've now improved
to the point where they're definitely worth visiting.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk