[Gllug] OT ADSL recomendations?

will will at hellacool.co.uk
Tue Mar 5 15:11:34 UTC 2002

Paul Brazier wrote:
>>I'm thinking of getting ADSL, after NTL wireless was thwarted
>>by 4 high
>>rise blocks and a church.  I'm currently considering contemplating
>>freedom2surf and plusnet.  Does anyone have any comments
>>they'd like to
>>share?  I thought i'd read somewhere on adslguide that f2s were fairly
>>linux friendly, but when i tried to download the price list, it was in
>>word2000 format.  Hardly what i'd call penguin power.
>>

> I've been on plusnet (wires-only) for just over a month with no
> problems.
> Only took a week or two from when I contacted them to get the line
> tested.
>
> They are reducing prices from 40 pounds a month to about 30 I think in
> line with BTs price cut.

I am on plusnet wires only and they seem pretty capable.  I am running
my server perfectly well on the connection.  The cost for wires only
went down by over £15 from about £41 per month after the BT price cuts.
  Set up is a tenner cheaper than f2s too.  Yes, I like them :-)

Will.

--
*claw claw* *fang*
*shred* *rip* *ad hominem* *slash*