[Gllug] HELP - cdrecord broken!

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Wed Mar 6 09:19:00 UTC 2002

I've done something to break cdrecord, it now craps out with a,
Input/output error, as shown:-

# cdrecord -v -dummy dev=0,0,0 speed=0
/tmp/MandrakeLinux-8.2beta4-CD1.i586.iso

returns

	Track 01:  47 of 650 MB written (fifo 100%).cdrecord: Input/output error.
	write_g1: scsi sendcmd: retryable error
	CDB:  2A 00 00 00 5F 2E 00 00 1F 00
	status: 0x0 (GOOD STATUS)
	cmd finished after 8.223s timeout 40s

The point at which it breaks seams to be random, got as high 252MB and has
been as low as 6MB.

cdrecord has been working on this machine.  I have recently been playing
with the usb mass-storage device.

Any ideas as to how I've broken cdrecord and how I go about repairing it.
I have already reinstalled the cdrecord package.

This is on Man8.1 and the writer is a SCSI.

--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk