[Gllug] Workshop at the next GLLUG meeting.

Chris Bell chrisbell at overview.demon.co.uk
Sun Mar 17 19:53:11 UTC 2002

On Sun 17 Mar, Colin Murphy wrote:

> At the University of Westminster, the venue I hope we will be using for
> the next GLLUG meeting (dates soon yadda, yadda...) we have access to one
> of their computer labs.
>
> I need help from you lot in making the best use of this facility.
>
> The room has 20 or PC's with removable hard drives, networked in a closed
> system.  The uni will even provide us with some drives that we can
> preconfigure in advance and lock away on site.
>
> What uses can we put this to?  What can we show in a practicle?
>
> I have a thought that setting up and using Samba might be a simple and
> useful venture.  If so, any volunteers to help set it up?

   How about a ready and working demo machine for new users to try? There
could be some people who turn up having heard of Linux but never seen it
working, so provide plenty of interesting packages for them to play with.
Perhaps also have a file with short descriptions of some of the packages;
they may get bored and start to scroll through, but they would be aware of
the huge variety available. (It can take me several days to read the Debian
list to decide what I need).

--
Chris Bell

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk