[Gllug] Unsubscribe

Ian Scott ian.scott at mediasurface.com
Fri Mar 22 12:38:06 UTC 2002

Please don't close the list to non-subscribers.

I like being able to post from different email accounts.  I have gllug
(and other mailing lists I'm subscribed to) delivered to a webmail account
which I don't normally send from.  I find it must easier to send from my
normal account (either from work or from home).

If you close the account to non-subscribers I either have to logon to
my webmail account and use their nasty browser interface (which means
starting up a heavyweight browser, as it won't work from lynx of kfm),
or fudge the from line, which is a pain.

Also, we do occasionally get specific queries from offlisters for single
questions, who don't want to get all the mail, just the answer to their
specific query.  It would be a shame not to be able to help them out.

Please don't do it.

Thanks,

Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk