[Gllug] grub on RH7.2 (2.4.7)

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Fri Mar 1 13:25:48 UTC 2002

On Fri, Mar 01, 2002 at 01:01:20PM +0000, Bruce Richardson wrote:
> On 3/1/02, 11:43:52 AM, Simon Stewart <sms at lateral.net> wrote regarding =
> Re:=20
> [Gllug] grub on RH7.2 (2.4.7):
>
> > OTOH, you can enable the framebuffer and use that. This is what I do,
> > even if Linus doesn't recommend it), cos you can get a lovely large
> > display that makes working with code a dream (loads of nice white on
> > black screen real-estate!) Assuming you use the vesafb (most likely
> > for a laptop) you'll need to append something like:
>
> > video=3Dvesa:282
>
> Framebuffer is nice but don't use it if you have an ATI card.  ATI vesa
> bios is broken.

I've used it with the Radeon without any real problems. Though I
suppose that's a "next-gen" card compared with what'll prolly be in a
mobile. Any more to it than "ATI vesa bios is broken"?

Cheers,

Simon

--
Listen. Strange women lying in ponds distributing swords is no basis
for a system of government. Supreme executive power derives from a

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk