[Gllug] Installing cups on red hat

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Wed Mar 27 10:30:10 UTC 2002

On Wed, Mar 27, 2002 at 10:15:12AM -0000, Allen Wayne wrote:
> Hi All,
>
> here is a stupid quesiton.... can I create a triple boot a Linux/W98/2000
> machine?? If so any suggestions to the order I install then onto the machine
> (fresh machine 40G HD Athlon 1200 256Mb)

You can do it without too much pain --- I know cos I used to have a
machine that booted into NT, W95 OSR2, and RH.

Linux should go on last, and you'll prolly want 2000 to go on
first. To make life easy for yourself, you might find it best to
install W2000 on an NTFS partition, and W98 on a FAT32 one. This has
the advantage of each of the two MS OSs having a clearly
distinguishable C: drive (without having to hide partitions, etc) but
does mean that you can only copy files between the two when you've
booted into W2000....

I'd also suggest putting the FAT32 partition last on the disk, cos
otherwise W2000 might get it's knickers in a twist and think it's on
your D: drive.

Don't worry if W2000 becomes unavailable during the installation, W98
will prolly overwrite the MBR. Once you're done with the Linux
install, just configure lilo (which should be on the MBR) and you're
away again.

Alternatively, install linux on the whole drive and run Windows
whatever under VMWare ;) (you might want to double your memory to make
that bearable, though)

Cheers,

Simon "talks rubbish" Stewart

--
"A friend of mine is into Voodoo Acupuncture. You don't have to
go. You'll just be walking down the street, and...........ooooohhhhhh,

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk