[Gllug] Shell

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Mon Mar 4 13:23:42 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 04, 2002 at 01:10:27PM -0000, Jackson, Harry wrote:
> Hi all
>
> I have been using a HP-UX box here and the shell used on this machine is ksh
> or Korn shell. What is the most likely shell that you will encounter on
> commercial boxes. I know most people are using Bash but that is not an
> option here. I also noticed that it has Perl but thats a task for another
> day.

Learn the original Bourne shell and the C Shell. Most servers that
I've come across appear to be running one or the other, and the more
modern shells retain compatibilty with one or the other (normally)

Cheers,

Simon

--
book about object-oriented design methodology, and bang your forehead
with it for the next six months or so.  -- Perl 5 "perlobj" man page

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk