[Gllug] Intel Server Board

Kim Hawtin kim at aldigital.co.uk
Mon Mar 11 13:28:24 UTC 2002

On Mon, Mar 11, 2002 at 12:55:52PM +0000, Stephen Harker wrote:
> So anyways, I bought an Intel STL2 server board at the computer fair
> a month or so ago. Got the proper Intel Chassis/Case to go with it,
> put it all together with 2 PIII 933 processors in it and a 256 MB
> DIMM (non ECC). Switch it on, not a sausage. Take the memory out and
> I get the 1-3-3-1 beep which indicates that no memory is detected. It
> never gets as far as starting VGA so I don't get any BIOS POST
> messages or anything to go on. I read that I can get a PCI card with
> a LCD display which reads the POST messages from memory. Anyone got
> any ideas. Does anyone have one of those boards I can borrow or know
> where I can get one?

its not the old, im not starting with two proccessors trick is it?

try it with one proccessor and the terminator in the second slot...
also are the proccessors the same revision?

yours,

kim
~ who pummeled his old tyan + 2xp133 into life many years ago =)
 and had the same problem... little changes =/
--
| A.L. Digital Ltd.   Tel: +44 (20) 8742 0755     |   .^. Don't fear|

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk