[Gllug] Triple booting woes

tet at accucard.com tet at accucard.com
Thu Mar 28 14:24:28 UTC 2002

>When you install the second Windows 98 partition it's configuration
>will be set C:, but when you later boot it's own partition will now
>be D: as DOS/Windows9x assigns drive letters sequentially. If there's
>a way around this I like to know, it's been a pain for many years.

The order in which Windows assigns drive letters is something of a
black art, and even changes between versions. But there are at least
*some* versions (although I couldn't tell you which, off the top of
my head) that treat the boot drive as C: and then assign drive letters
to the other drives from there.

Tet

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk