[Gllug] [OT] Sun Network Install server

Richard Cottrill richard_c at tpg.com.au
Thu Mar 7 14:12:52 UTC 2002

You've got it. I'd like to take the Sun from the 'Sun install server'. I do
need to install Solaris on a Sun box; but I'm wondering how I can replicate
the Jumpstart service without using a Sun/Solaris server. It's a bit of an
academic question really but I'm not sure where I'd go for an answer.

I suppose there's two parts:
1) What *IS* a Jumpstart server and how does it work?
2) How can I replicate the functionality of a Jumpstart server without the
server itself running Solaris?

Richard

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk