[Gllug] Workshop at the next GLLUG meeting.

Colin Murphy SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk
Mon Mar 18 11:21:41 UTC 2002

On Monday 18 March 2002 10:32 am, Bruce Richardson wrote:

> How about learning to identify and configure network cards?  There's
> more scope there and I'd expect the uni machines to have nics in them.

They do have nics in them, but the machines  are sealed so tight that
we'll need to borrow some endoscopy equipment to get a good look!

Hardware problems and issues are something that need to be tackled, but
the Uni comp lab is not the ideal place.  Best set up for software and
service issues.

How will we do hardware?

There is nothing to stop us making our own network of machines in another
room, but how do we make sure we have enough types of NIC or modem to give
a broad enough range of examples?

--
Colin Murphy
SpudULike at blueyonder.co.uk

A man for all seasons, 'specially pepper.

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk