[Gllug] Signing everything?

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Wed Mar 20 11:40:14 UTC 2002

I've noticed some people pgp/gpg sign _everything_ they write.  Can
some of those who do this explain to me their reason for doing so?

I've considered doing so but then, having thought about it, decided it
also could make one vulnerable.  Does this not expose you to some
liability if what you're saying is wrong?  In court you could always
say "I didn't say that" but if you digitally sign your emails, and
have good key security, that would be a bit harder...

Then again, I store all my sent mail so if it came to it, I guess they
could look there and if a reported email exists in the sent mail
files, it's likely I did send it...

Thoughts?

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

Democracy substitutes election by the incompetent many for
appointment by the corrupt few.

- George Bernard Shaw