[Gllug] Linux laptop?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Tue May 21 16:41:21 UTC 2002

On 21/05/02, 17:31:21, Garry Heaton <garry at heaton6.freeserve.co.uk> wrote
regarding Re: Re: [Gllug] Linux laptop?:

> So, will all the hardware on a decent DELL work with the 2.4.18 kernel?
> Haven't done any kernel-compiling but there's always a first time.

Dell do such a wide range of models that it's a case of selecting a
possible candidate, finding the spec and checking carefully - though you
should always do this when putting Linux on a laptop.

I haven't yet found a Dell box I couldn't get working reliably with
Linux. The only component likely to be non-functional is the winmodem.

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk