Memory testing and end of flames (was Re: [Gllug] Reiserfs gotchas?)

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 9 14:46:16 UTC 2002

Please stop this now.

ObLinux: Anyone out there played with memtest? How reliable is it? And
whatever happened to the "bad memory" patches from 2.2 that could be
used to pre-allocate bad memory on boot up, thus removing it from the
memory pool and making your machine stable even with dodgy memory?

Cheers,

Simon

--
"The other day on the news, I heard about an attack by Hamas. I
 was shocked --- how can so much garlicy goodness go bad so

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk