[Gllug] Can't get my CNet PRO200WL netcard to work in Gentoo

Ian Northeast ian at house-from-hell.demon.co.uk
Sat May 25 11:00:07 UTC 2002

Mats Hulten wrote:

> > BTW did you install Gentoo from a binary or source
> > distribution? I used the source one, whether this makes any
> > difference I don't know. I'm also using a VMware virtual
> > machine but don't know if that makes any difference either.
>
> Ok.. lets not get hasty here... I know I said I had a working system,
> but I may be forced to modify that statement... :)
> For now, lets just say that I've got a bootable system... Tried to
> emerge kde just now... :-P
> I'll look into to the errors in the morning.
>
> I downloaded the stage 3 tarball and installed from that.

That's a new option which has appeared since I installed Gentoo. It
appears that it contains the kernel sources already, whereas the stage 1
one I used requires them to be downloaded. Maybe this explains the
difference.

Does your X server work yet? If it doesn't trying to install KDE may be
a touch premature:)

Regards, Ian

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk