[Gllug] gtk+ or Qt? (or others?)

Dave Jones davej at suse.de
Sat May 11 20:53:16 UTC 2002

On Sat, May 11, 2002 at 09:15:26PM +0100, Nix wrote:
 > > # libxml2 2.3.0+ (use xml2-config)
 > Argh, gak, the damn config script changed its name :(

Yes, thought that one was quite cute at the time too.
*sigh*

 > > If I was to do it again, I could of course say, "sod it, minimum
 > > support version is libxml2 2.3.0", which is the easy way out.
 > But then you'd have the users saying `but I need libxml-2.0.5 for my
 > in-house womblecrutz project!' :(

Ah yes, users. I forgot about those. Life would be so much simpler
without them sometimes eh ? 8-)

On a completely unrelated note, can someone explain to me why the sudden
increased popularity of slackware ? I've no end of bug reports recently
from users of said distro, and 9 times out of 10, they've miscompiled
some basic package, fscked things royally, and then blame me for
shipping a tarball that doesn't compile.

Case in point was luser who seemed to have every lib in system linked
against pthreads[1], and had then deleted pthreads to 'fix something'.
Resulting applications/libs weren't too happy.

    Dave.

[1] I remembered this incident as said person had linked libxml to
    pthreads for $deity knows what reason.

--

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk