OT: word play (was Re: [:BLIP:]Re: [Gllug] Linux based banking)

Simon Stewart sms at lateral.net
Thu May 30 09:26:42 UTC 2002

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 08:58:02PM +0100, Jim Bailey wrote:
> On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 06:07:15PM +0100, Simon Stewart wrote:
> >
> > Simon (being a fussy consumer)
> >
> You are not a consumer but a prosumer

Hmmm... not so sure. It's certainly not the second definition (being a
combination of "professional" and "consumer" (certainly not "tolerant
of flaws"), and as for the first, I don't really want to get involved
in the design of the product. All I want is something that does what
it says on the tin, and Smile appears to come reasonably close.

> Marketing 14032002 did an article about people like you, pains. ;)

We do our best. :)

> Apparently however you lack imagination and creativity to produce new
> ideas, humanity should not fear marketing people are here to create and
> PR to give these great ideas to the people.

No ideas of my own? Why, I do believe I'll follow the Queen of Heart's
lead and get them decapitated. As for marketing and PR being good for
humanity, don't get me started. Though they are a step up from sales
people (for want of a better word)

And Jim, your mailhost appears to be open....

Cheers,

Simon

--
Vote anarchist