[Gllug] IMAP Server

Xander D Harkness xander at harkness.co.uk
Sat May 25 14:24:03 UTC 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Andy McGarty wrote:

> > I have a box running Redhat 7.2 and QMail. I was wondering what i need to
> do
> > to get IMAP working. What I really want to do is have all my pop3 accounts
> > collected by this one machine and then allow access to all the mail via
> > IMAP.

here if you install imap - on 7.2 the package is called imap2000. go to
directory /etc/xinetd.d/ and you will see all of the programs run by inetd
edit imap and imaps (oh and ipop3 if you need) and change disable from yes
to no.  The run service xinetd restart and you will have imap access.  If
you want to run imaps there is a default certificate but you would be
better running make in the certs directory.  I cannot remember where it is
but do a quick locate .pem and you will find it.

Read the Makefile for the command you need to run or even just the make
command will give you the possibilities.

> Use Fetchmail to collect the mail from your pop3 accounts and something like
> courier or cyrus as an Imap server.  Go to freshmeat.net and search for Imap
> server.

I agree and if you use up2date -u fetchmail fetchmailconf they are easy to
install if your have rhn enabled.

Have fun
Xander

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk