[Gllug] IMAP Server

Stephen Harker steve at pauken.co.uk
Sat May 25 14:12:29 UTC 2002

On Sat, 25 May 2002, Andy McGarty wrote:

> > I have a box running Redhat 7.2 and QMail. I was wondering what i need to
> do
> > to get IMAP working. What I really want to do is have all my pop3 accounts
> > collected by this one machine and then allow access to all the mail via
> > IMAP.
> >
> Use Fetchmail to collect the mail from your pop3 accounts and something like
> courier or cyrus as an Imap server.  Go to freshmeat.net and search for Imap
> server.
>
> Fetchmail is very easy to set up (I seem to remember there is a fetchconf
> utility, but its dead easy by hand).
>
> The imap server might take a bit more work.
Unless you really need the features of Cyrus or Courier, the easiest way
is just to install uw-imap which requires basically ZERO configuration and
it will let you IMAP to the box using your login details for the account
that fetchmail is delivering to (via smtp or procmail).
Very easy but doesn't do maildir etc... which for a small setup is not
really that important.
HTH
Steve
--