[Gllug] Data migration and electronic archaeology

Rev Simon Rumble simon at rumble.net
Tue May 21 15:24:18 UTC 2002

On Tue 21 May, John Hearns made the following spurious claims:

> I was more talking about (say) if your critical application runs
> on a PDP 11 (yes = I KNOW you can still buy them).

Nothing to do with your question but I thought I'd mention it.  I
visited a supercomputing facility in Berlin (formerly East) a few
years ago.  In the lobby they had a PDP-11 standing alongside the
Russian clone.  The two machines were identical except that one had
Cyrillic lettering.

So I imagine if you really needed PDP-11 parts you could get them from
the former Soviet bloc.

--
Rev Simon Rumble <simon at rumble.net>
www.rumble.net

In politics the middle way is none at all.

- John Adams