[Gllug] Linux laptop?

Bruce Richardson itsbruce at uklinux.net
Fri May 24 09:55:49 UTC 2002

On 24/05/02, 09:05:05, Alan Peery <peery at io.com> wrote regarding Re:
[Gllug] Linux laptop?:

> Thom May wrote:

> Which VAIO?  IIRC, there are a number of different models that carry the
> VAIO branding.  Some of them also have quite unusual devices like the
> memory stick port or the jog dial.

Both of which can be used by Linux with the right software.  That isn't
the problem.  It's the basic reliability of some of the kit they sell,
combined with the malignancy of their support staff.  Oh, and a little
note before anybody jumps in: hard as it may be to believe, those of us
who have been sold shoddy kit are neither consoled nor enlightened by
those who were sold decent kit and insist on posting "Well, I don't have
a problem with it".  It's about as helpful as wandering through a
hospital shouting "I'm perfectly healthy, what are you lot lying about
for?"

--

Bruce

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk