[Gllug] a *small* language

Rich Walker rw at shadow.org.uk
Fri May 24 17:04:57 UTC 2002

Stig Brautaset <stigbrau at start.no> writes:

> My old computer was long named "Judecca", after the inner 9th pit of
> hell that held Brutus, Judas and some other guy I can't remember the
> name of. It has now long since been renamed to Gil-Galad, the high elven
> king of Tolkien fame.

we've been working through great semi-historical figures: you would be
amazed how few people can spell shadrach, meshach or abendego, let alone
gilgamesh or hannibal... does at least make thinking of the next network
name easier.

> Phew.. getting through an 'yeh olde english' translation of the original
> Devine Comedy was a drag, as this was before I moved to England and
> actually learned the language...

*yow*

> Bonus points for reading this far: the last word in all the three books
> in the trilogy is the word "stars" :D

Presumably, you'll entertain us next with the nine hills that fires were
lit on in LoTR...

cheers, Rich.

rich walker | technical person | Shadow Robot Company | rw at shadow.org.uk
front-of-tshirt space to let     251 Liverpool Road   |
                                 London  N1 1LX       | +UK 20 7700 2487

Gllug mailing list  -  Gllug at linux.co.uk